Search Course Communities:
One-Variable Calculus Resources
Particular resources may be found by either a Keyword Search or an Advanced Search. See these options up and to your left.
Or you may browse for resources under the following topics:
- General Tools: Graphers and CAS
- General Collections of Applets: Materials that cover a wide range of multivariable calculus topics.
- Background: Resources to help students with things they should know
- History of Calculus:
- Continuity and Limits: examples, limits of a function
- Theoretical Issues: more on continuity, Intermediate Value Theorem, Maximum Value Theorem, Mean Value Theorem, etc.
- Functions in General, Graphers and Definitions:
- Calculus Functions: Trigonometric, Exponential, Logarithms, Hyperbolic, Inverse Functions
- Differentiation, Calculation Rules:
- Differentiation, Definition and Elementary Application:
- Differentiation, General Applications: Concavity, Related Rates, Optimization
- Differential Equations: initial value problems, first-order ODEs, slope fields, Euler's Method, systems
- Antidifferentiation: Rules
- Fundamental Theorem: both parts
- Integration, Motivation and Definition:
- Integration, Applications:
- Integration Methods:
- Numerical Integration: Euler's Method, Trapezoidal Rule, Mid-point Rule, Simpson's Rule, RK-methods
- Infinite Limits, Function Values and Integrals:
- Infinite Limits, Sequences and Series:
- Function Approximation: Taylor Polynomials
Discuss this course
start a new discussion thread
Periodical articles for student readings
It would be helpful to have a place where links to articles from Math Horizons, College Mathematics Journal and Mathematics Magazine could be collected according to subject. For example, having a list of articles suitable for students in multivariate calculus when talking about double integrals. The course community could have a forum to house member suggestions. Perhaps journal editors could forward suggestions as part of the standard review process.
add your reply